Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Fall break 2013: Budapest round 1

For my fall break from school in France I got 10 days of (a week and 2 weekend plus no Friday classes). So I planned a little trip to Eastern Europe with a few friends from my program. Our first stop was Budapest, and it could have been our only one as I quickly fell head over heels in love with this city. Word just cannot capture how amazing and perfect it was. So in love so in love!!

We stayed at Grandio Party hostel and it.WAS.PERFECT. If you EVER go to budapest (which every young traveler should) you MUST must MUST stay at a BPH hostel. there is nothing better in the world. Truly. Still to this day some of my best friends and I am counting down the minutes until I go back.

The first night we went out. General Debauchery ensued.


Then we had our first full day. We did all of castle hill which included walking over there, riding the funicular up the hill, seeing the castle and the views and as well as the gorgeous church.




We then made our way down and went to walk along the river, see the parliament from the outside and see the memorial shoes from the Nazi invasion on the side of the river.


We finished our day with a visit to market hall to check out the sights and sounds. That night was just a typical (incredible) night at BPH.

The next few days are a whirlwind of complete and total happiness. My friends moved on Sunday but I stayed until Tuesday because I just couldn't leave.. I saw the citadel, and all over town. I saw tons of stuff.

One of the highlights was a visit to the zoo where you can touch and play with the sloths. My friend Avril and I went and it was honestly too good to be true!






I went on the boat cruise with BPH. Look at that parliament. 





Tops the list as my favorite place ever so far. And its not being challenged anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment